Focusing on diversity, equity, or inclusion (DEI) in an organization is essential in today’s workplace. It involves areas such as cultural competencies, emotional intelligence, and understanding and accepting differences. For many organizations, DEI can seem tough to measure, as it is typically related to intangible benefits. When aligned with company goals, DEI’s value can go beyond morale and a sense of psychological safety and can have quantifiable gains for an organization and its people. This certificate program will prepare participants with the knowledge to understand diversity and its impact on an organization’s bottom line.
After completing this program, participants will have the ability to:
1. Define diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
2. Identify biases, personal filters, and intersectionality.
3. Recognize the differences between a preference and a bias
4. Conduct a comprehensive diversity audit and needs analysis.
5. Recognize the six areas of cultural competency
6. Determine different methods to measure the impact and show the value of a diversity intervention
7. Align diversity interventions with organizational goals
Class Limit: 12 virtually / 8 live in-person
Class Format: Virtually (2)-8-hour sessions (Two days) or (4)-4-hour sessions (Four days)
Live in-person-(2) 8-hour sessions (Two days)
Implicit Bias Test
Brooks Enterprise and Consultants programs have been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute for continuing education credits towards professional development hours for initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials.
“This program has been approved for a maximum of 14 ATD CI points.”
Brooks Enterprise and Consultants is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
“This program is valid for 14 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Next Class: June 30-July 1
9:00 am- 4:30 pm EDT each day